- Store Inventory
- 19th Century Ephemera (108)
- 1829-1890 US State & City Maps (31)
- Original 1864 US Civil War 11x9 battle field topographical map Antietam Sharpsburg & Vicinity Survey by engineer officer on General Doubleday staff
Original 1864 US Civil War 11x9 battle field topographical map Antietam Sharpsburg & Vicinity Survey by engineer officer on General Doubleday staff
FREE SHIPPING applies:
Note: Larger view of item shown below
Nice original topographical map book plate showing Antietam Sharpsburg & Vicinity
"war with the south"
Battle of Antietam or battle of Sharpsburg Survey by engineer officer on General Doubleday staff
Very detail map showing the town of Shapsburg and surrounding area (the red markings are Union forces and the blue is the rebel forces show on the map).
The map is showing very detail count of the confederate and union troops lines, Antietam river and part of the Potomac river, the positions of the Confederates and union troops, mountains and roads - the bottom right facsimile signature Charles Snoll Capt Engineer
engraved by Rae Smith - the act of Congress by Virtue Yorkton & co
- Date: 1863
- Measurements: 11.5 x 9 inches
- Condition: used item, edge/surface wear, full color, sharp, clear detailed, creases bottom right corner and left edge, along the left edge white boarder area small binding pinholes, top edge has sm edge tear and backside blank